Additional Climate Change Resources
There is a great deal of information about climate change available on the web. Below are some of the sites that can provide useful information for those wishing to research this topic in greater depth:
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC): The IPCC evaluates scientific, technical and socio-economic information pertinent to understanding the associated risks of human-induced climate change.
- Global Climate Change Student Guide: A very complete tutorial on climate change.
- Global Climate Law
- Real Climate
- Climate Registry
- Climate Change Monitoring
- Gateway to the UN System's Work on Climate Change
- Vital Climate Graphics - UNEP program
- Know the Number - Deutsche Bank Climate Change Advisors site with scoreboard of tonnage of daily C02 emissions
- Atmospheric Radiation Program - A DOE project measuring the inter-relationship between clouds and changes in atmospheric radiation.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): The EPA’s Climate Change Site.
- EPA Climate Change Glossary
- NASA Global Change Master Directory - Access to the entire realm of NASA sites wdevcoted to climate change information.
- NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (NASA GISS): GISS research’s goal is to aid in the prediction of atmospheric and climate changes in the 21st century.
- Climate Timeline Information Tool: NOAA Paleoclimatology Program’s online tool allows users to examine climate change and variability at different time scales.
- Global Warming Frequently Asked Questions: as answered by NOAA.
- NOAA National Climatic Data Center
- A Paleo Perspective on Abrupt Climate Change: NOAA Paleoclimatology Program.
- The Transportation and Climate Change Clearinghouse: The Department of Transportation (DOT) addresses issues associated with transportation and climate change.
- USDA Climate Change Impacts on Food Production
- US Climate Change Impacts 2009 Study: A thorough and broad federal study detailing climate change impacts being felt today, broken down by region.
- US Global Change Research Program (USGCRP): USGCRP researches the interactions of natural and human-induced changes in the global environment and their implications for society.
- Rocky Mountain Climate Org.
- Colorado Climate Network
- California Climate Change Portal - Climate Adaptation Strategy
- Western Water Association (WWA) – Colorado, Utah, Wyoming
- Climate Assessment for the Southwest (CLIMAS) – Arizona, New Mexico
- Climate Impacts Group (CIG) – Idaho, Oregon, Washington
- California Applications Project (CAP) – California, Nevada
- America’s Climate Choices: The National Academies’ reports produced by the nation’s top scientists, engineers, and other experts that provide analysis and advice to address key scientific and technical aspects of climate change.
- Climate Change and National Park Wildlife: A Survival Guide for a Warming World - National Parks Conaservation Association
- Climate Connections: National Public Radio (NPR): Articles and information on climate change.
- Climate Science Watch: A nonprofit public interest education and advocacy agency whose goal is to respond effectively to the challenges posed by global warming and climate change.
- Climate Wizard: A web tool that allows the reader to visualize climate change impacts under differnet scenarios.
- Government Accountability Project (GAP): An Environmental Oversight Program that exposes corporate or government actions that jeopardize the environment.
- Medical and Public Health Impacts of Global Warming - Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Pew Center Climate Change Glossary
- Responses to Common Arguments on Global Warming
- Summary of Scientific Opinion on Climate Change: Wikipedia.org
Western Regional Resources