Where the Dollars Go:
When you give to Western Resource Advocates, you can be sure that your gift supports the programs you care about.
Less than 8 percent of funds received are used for administration.
How Donations are Used
You can help us do even more for the West. By committing your new or increased gift today, you will:
- Protect the West's rivers, including the Cache le Poudre, Colorado, Green, Gunnison, Verde, White, Yampa, San Pedro, and Gila.
- Ensure safe, clean water for Western cities including 11 in Colorado, 4 in Utah, and 6 in Arizona.
- Preserve Utah's Great Salt Lake and the 5 million water birds that rely on the lake.
- Safeguard lands and communities across the West from poorly planned or sited oil and gas drilling, fracking, and oil shale and tar sands development.
- Defend the West's threatened lands and recreation heritage from impacts associated with energy development that can fragment habitat, harm wildlife, and impair air and water quality.
- Create a clean energy future based on the West's vast renewable resources, energy efficiency, distributed generation, and sound placement of energy projects and transmission.
- Protect the region from the threats of climate change by reducing pollution from the power sector.
- Develop approaches to ensure that the West's communities and resources are resilient to climate change impacts.
- Promote energy choices, such as wind and solar, that use little water.
We are proud to share with you our recent successes (pdf) and accomplishments (.pdf). Help us build on our achievements by joining us in defense of the West.