Founded in 1989, Western Resource Advocates (WRA) is a non-profit environmental law and policy organization. With offices in seven states (Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming and Idaho), we have developed strategic programs focusing in three areas: Water, Energy and Lands. Each of our programs is committed to curtailing climate change.
WRA is a regional non-profit conservation organization headquartered in beautiful Boulder, Colo. with programs and staff spanning from Idaho to Arizona. Our mission is to protect the West's land, air, and water. Our toolbox includes law, science, economics, advocacy, education, and action.
- Reduce air and water pollution and harmful climate change.
- Protect habitat for threatened, endangered, and sensitive plant and animal species.
- Protect terrestrial, aquatic, and riparian ecosystems.
- Maintain the integrity of public lands.
- Achieve environmentally sustainable management of energy, land, and water resources.